If you live in a place where there are lots of mosquitoes or if there is lots of breeding ground for mosquitoes you definitely need to know how to keep mosquitoes away. Mosquitoes not only cause unbearable inconvenience by stinging constantly, they can also cause fatal ailments like malaria and dengue. In fact mosquitoes are classified as the deadliest creatures on the planet because millions die of malaria all over the world every year. You should make an effort to keep mosquitoes away from you as well as your loved ones.
When mosquitoes attack you, they don’t particularly attack you, they just want your blood. To know your presence they use their senses, and if you can defeat those senses, or if you can eliminate circumstances that encourage the breeding of mosquitoes, you can easily keep mosquitoes away.
The best way of keeping mosquitoes away around your house is not letting water accumulate in puddles, broken furniture, appliances lying outside, or discarded bottles and tires. Keep your surroundings clean and dry as much as possible. In case you cannot get rid of the water just sprinkle it with kerosene oil to kill mosquito eggs. A better, environment-friendly way of keeping the breeding of mosquitoes curtailed in your pond is releasing some fish that eat mosquito eggs and larvae.
In case you are outside you can keep mosquitoes away by doing the following:
- Avoid wearing dark, especially black clothes because such clothing attracts mosquitoes.
- Wear clothes that keep most of your body parts covered, and wear lose clothes so that the mosquitoes cannot bite you through your clothes.
- Apply some mosquito-repellant cream over your exposed body parts such as hands, face and feet.
- Avoid wearing a perfume as this attracts mosquitoes.
- Keep your animals and pets clean and dry.