Conflicts are everywhere and no matter how much you defer it, sooner or later you have to resolve them and move on. Some conflicts can become so nasty that they can create roadblocks for your personal or professional life, or even cause wars between nations, as it is seemingly happening between Iran and American.
The best ways of dealing with a conflict are:
- Recognize and confront the issue causing the conflict
- Respect the other person’s opinion even if you don’t agree with him or her
- Communicate your understanding of the conflict clearly
- See if there are some mutually acceptable alternatives
- Think about your larger goals