Image Source: Road Fun
Worried about getting rid of bad breath? It is also called halitosis. More than 70% of the world suffer from brad breath due to many reasons, but the most prevalent reason is lack of dental hygiene. It can be very embarrassing if people shun you because of your bad breath. The reasons for bad breath or halitosis can be:
- Not brushing your teeth regularly
- Eating foul smelling foods
- Not having proper diet
- Gum disease
Whatever are the reasons, you may fear approaching people if you know you have bad breath. Many a romantic moment can be destroyed by the smell emanating from your mouth. Here are a few things you can try to
Get rid of bad breath
- Brush regularly. At least twice daily. In the morning brush after having breakfast so that your teeth remain clean for a longer time. In the evening, of course it should be before going to bed. Don’t overdo this activity as it can cause harm to your gums and teeth.
- Rinse after eating. Whenever you have something, rinse your mouth with plain water. Things that get stuck in your teeth and gums start rotting within 15 minutes but rinsing can get most of the stuff out.
- Use floss and toothpicks. You can use them to get out stubborn foot particles that refuse to get out with simple rinsing.
- Eat fruits you need to chew. Apple, for example, is a good fruit for giving your gums a healthy exercise. In fact if you cannot rinse your mouth or brush your teeth, chew on an apple and it’ll clean your teeth to a great extent.
- Massage your gums regularly. By massaging your gums you can keep most of the gum disease away and gum disease are a great source of bad breath. You can use any regular oil mixed with coriander powder, as coriander as healing properties.
- Chew cloves. Cloves can be hot for some, but if you can tolerate them, keep a couple of cloves between your teeth. They not only smell good they’re also natural antiseptics. Again, don’t have more than two cloves a day as they can have a hot effect.
- Clean your tongue regularly. Lots of bad stuff gets deposited on your tongue (it’s a complete jungle on your tongue) and this often causes bad breadth. You can get a tongue cleaner from local chemist shop or you can also use your brush. Neem bark can be used to great effect as a tongue cleaner.
- Use mouthwash. They can be hard on your teeth and gums but get advise from your dentist and use a mild mouthwash on a regular basis to kill germs that regular brushing and flossing cannot get rid of. You can also use salt water to give your mouth a good rinse…in fact many people use salt water during tooth ache.
- Visit your dentist. You can visit your dentist and get your teeth cleaned on a regular basis.
- Avoid smelly foods. Foods like onion rings, garlic bread and cheese can give you bad breath. You can use a mouth freshener if you cannot avoid eating them.
- Drink lots of water. Dehydration too causes bad breath. Drink lots of water to keep your mouth from feeling dry.
- Take some protein. When you are having a low-carb diet your body breaks fats instead of carbohydrates — this produces ketons — and some of this breaking happens in your mouth too. If you feel this might be the reason for bad breath, eat a banana or some other food having carbohydrates.
Leading a good lifestyle can keep bad breath away because eventually, everything is interrelated. Any kind of bad smell coming from your body is a manifestation of some sort of illness. If you take care of your dental hygiene and eat healthy food you can easily get rid of bad breath or halitosis.