You can easily tether your iPhone to your iPad and share its 3G or 4G connection.
Have you ever been stuck in traffic, coffee shop, or a hotel room with no Internet? Or perhaps you have just bought yourself a brand new Wi-Fi iPad and you want to be able to use 3G from your iPhone to power the wifi on the iPad? You want to be able to use your iPad wherever you want with data access. Well, with just a little fiddling, you can actually ‘tether’ your iPad to your iPhone, allowing it to share your phone’s internet connection. If this is the first time of coming across the word “tether”, tethering just means sharing the Internet connection of an Internet-capable mobile phone with other devices. This sharing can be offered over a wireless LAN (Wi-Fi), over Bluetooth or by physical connection using a cable.
How do you tether your iPad to your iPhone? Here are some simple steps you can take to tether your iPad to your iPhone
- Download Wi-Fi app ( which is available in Rock or Cydia) unto your jailbroken iPhone
- Simply install the MyWi app
- If you are through with installing the MyWi app, go into the app and under tethering turn “USB and Bluetooth” OFF.
- Just make sure that Bluetooth is turned off on your iPad and iPhone before you turn everything on.
- Name your new wifi network, after this you just need to turn “WIFI Tethering” ON.
- Once your new 3g wifi network is up and running, just go to settings on your iPad and change the Wi-Fi network to the one you just created
- Wow! Now you have 3g on your wifi iPad.So simple
Intrestingly, with the tethering setup, your iPad thinks that it’s connected to a direct line via Wi-Fi, not over 3G at all. This means that you’ll get better video quality in apps like the ABC video player, YouTube and Netflix. Go ahead and explore the world on your new iPod.