Most common ailments can be treated with food that you find lying around in the house or in your refrigerator. It’s all about what to eat for what ailment.
Ailments are caused by deficiencies of vitamins, minerals, salts and other nutrients. They are the ways our bodies tell us, OK, I need this otherwise I’m going to cause lots of this sort of pain. So you should know what ailment is caused by what deficiency and what food can help you get rid of that deficiency. Please notice that the food-based treatments mentioned here are no substitutes for expert medical health. You should immediately go to a doctor if the ailment doesn’t go even after eating something.
Here are a few common ailments that can be alleviated or cured by eating the right food
- Acidity. It is the most common ailment (although it can get serious sometimes) and you mostly get it either by not eating on time or by eating too much acidic and spicy foods. When you don’t eat on time the stomach still release acids that break down the food you eat and this causes acidity. Acidity can give you lots of acidic burping, pain around the lever and chest areas and sometimes a sharp, unbearable headache. You can get relief by drinking a glass of chilled milk although drinking milk can be a bit difficult when your stomach is upset. Water melon is a great food when you have acidity. Eat it as much as you can and it should bring you relief within a few minutes. You can also have banana or cucumber. You can eat other fruits but just make sure they are sweat and not sour, and must be juicy.
- Migraine headache. Migraine headache can be caused by stress and also by deficiency. The pain can be triggered by hormonal changes or by consuming alcohol, stale cheese, mono-sodium glutamate, too much caffeine or chocolate and many other factors. Fatty fish and fish oil contain long-chain omega-3 fatty acids that may lower the body’s production of prostaglandins — hormone-like chemicals that can cause inflammation and pain, inducing migraines. You should also eat foods rich in calcium such as spinach, broccoli and milk, and also foods rich in magnesium such as spinach, garlic, Oatmeal and wheat.
- Fatigue and tiredness. This can be caused by excessive work, less sleep, emotional upheavals and lack of proper eating. This doesn’t only affect your performance it also makes your body vulnerable to many common and uncommon illnesses. Oatmeal is considered a super food so have it if you can access and for added boost you can also sprinkle some flax-seed on your bowl of Oatmeal. You can also have cereal with yogurt and fresh fruit. Since carbohydrates are a primary source of energy you should also try to eat foods rich in carbohydrates, such as bananas. Have a balanced diet throughout the day and you can easily keep fatigue and tiredness away. Avoid having drinks and foods that give you instant energy boosts like ice cream, caffeine and cold drinks.
- Bad breath. Bad breath can be caused by unhygienic lifestyle and stomach disorder. You can read how to get rid of bad breath http://www.howtoplaza.com/rid-bad-breath-halitosis.
- Anxiety and stress. These can be caused by emotional circumstances as well as by nature of foods and drinks you’ve been taking of late. You can cure anxiety and stress by having a rich diet of Oatmeal, flax seed, foods rich in Vitamin C, fish (they have omega acids), nuts and herbal tea. You can also have lots of water as it detoxifies your body and makes you feel fresh.
Read more at Fitness Magazine.